I'm too busy THRIVING

I feel like I owe everyone an apology.  I moved my blog to this new exciting site and I promised an explanation of why and then fell off the face of the earth-ish.   I'm too busy thriving.  In reality, as promised, I am writing the book which is a full time job.  And then I have yanno, an actual full time job.  Oh, and also I'm a single mom.  So that means I have 100 full time jobs.  So sometimes I forget to blog.  Or I sit down to write and pull one of these.


Except I never ever look THAT put together or peaceful when I'm crashed out.
Merriam-Webster defines the word thrive as....


Let's discuss in order, shall we?

1.   to grow vigorously: flourish  Yes please.  More growth, more flourishing.  I visualize it like this.


Geraniums on the left are surviving.  They really are.  They aren't dead.  They even have buds on them, they are on the verge of blooming.  But they are NOT blooming.  Geraniums on the right are THRIVING.  They are realizing their full potential, their growth, their bloom.  They are flourishing.  

2.  to gain in wealth or possessions: prosper   We all have different definitions of prosperity.  For some, it actually is monetary.  For some, wealth and finances are synonymous. For me, prosperity has nothing to do with money or things.  It is of the spirit and mind.  It is finding peace, quiet, stillness, and mostly acceptance.  You can prosper in any situation, no matter how much money is, or is not in your bank account.  I wake up and prosper every single day and I promise you, there's barely any money in my bank account.  Wealth and prosperity are a state of mind that are predicated on what you show gratitude to and for.  


3. to progress toward or realize a goal despite or because of circumstances, often used with "on"

"She THRIVES on drama."  we've hall heard that one, and we've all said that one.  We all know at least one person who truly does, need drama in order to thrive.  


Of course that's just one example.  What about thriving on love?  Thriving on gratitude?  Thriving on the challenge?  Thriving on pasta?   Thriving on the laughter of your children?  Thriving on or at your work, or better yet, your actual job.  Thriving on chocolate?  Anyone?  Anyone?  

What is that thing that causes YOU to thrive?

I hope there are a multitude of things.  

Stop reading RIGHT NOW and comment below -- gimme FIVE THINGS that help you thrive.  Go, go go, THRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oysters, triggers, and healing.

I wrote my way out

If I Dare....