Support

A few years ago, I decided to start an autism support group in my town.  It went pretty well but, as small groups tend to do.... we decided to break for the summer...and then sort of fizzled out.  I got busy with, well........ life and no one really wanted to help sooooooooo we disbanded.  Not really my proudest moment.

Today we started our group up again.  Except this time we had all new faces.  And I was once again reminded why I do what I do.  Why I started the group in the first place, why I work with Autism Speaks, why I write a blog, why I get silly on facebook, why I put myself out there.......

My friend Barbra Streisand said it best  ~  "People who need people are the luckiest people in the world."

Truly -- without each other we have nothing.  I know that recently I myself have been in "the hole" and if I didn't have people around me to pull me out -- I'm not sure if I'd still be there or if I would be... somewhere else.  But I know that I got pulled out for a reason.  And for that, I thank you -- and you all know who you are. 

Today I was reminded that *I* can, should be, and need to be "that person" to someone else.  And that knowledge alone will give me the strength to push forward and open doors.........even when I may not want to. 

So for those of you who knowingly support me, I thank you.  And for those of you who push me forward without even knowing it -- I thank you too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oysters, triggers, and healing.

Shameless self promotion

"This book"